Unique configuration required for GoDaddy:
- In the Web.config file, add <trust level="Full" /> inside the <system.web> tags
- Remove all of the markup inside of the <system.codedom> tags
- In Solution Explorer, expand References and set the following 3 references to Copy Local = True:
- Published the application to local IIS
- Using FileZilla, upload the files to the external host using FTP
Note: The very first time you upload the files to Go Daddy, the file transfer can take a long time. After the initial file upload, future uploads should take much less time, as you can configure FileZilla to only upload files that have changed. It is a good idea to set up a testing site on your Local IIS, and only deploy changes to the external (production) host when needed, typically in the middle of the night.
Getting FTP Settings from Go Daddy:
- Sign into your GoDaddy account
- Select Hosting
- Select Manage. This logs you into Plesk Hosting.
- Select Show More
- Select FTP Settings
- Select your username
- Create a password and select Submit
The default Your ASP.NET application should be displayed on the external hosting.