by Jeremy Canfield | Updated March 1st, 2017
To request an OCSP certificate:
- Select the Windows Start icon, type MMC in Run, and select OK.
- In the console, press Ctrl + M (or select File > Add /Remove Snap In).
- In the left panel, select Certificates, Add, and select OK.
- In the left panel, expand Certificates, expand Personal.
- Right-click on Certificates and select All Tasks > Request New Certificate.
- At Before You Begin, select Next.
- At Select Certificate Enrollment Policy, select Next.
- At Request Certificates, tick the OCSP certificate and select Enroll.
- When status Succeeded is displayed, select Finish.
The OCSP certificate should be listed.
Give the network service permission to the OCSP certificate.
- Right-click on the OCSP certificate, select All Tasks > Manage Private Keys.
- Select Add.
- Type Network Service, select Check Names, and select OK.
- Select OK.