To remove an item that is pinned to the taskbar:
- Right-click on the pinned item and select Unpin this program from taskbar.
When right-clicking on the pinned item, if the taskbar disappears, do the following:
- Press Ctrl + Alt + Del and select Task Manager.
- Select the Processes Tab.
- Highlight Explorer.exe and select End Process.
- Select File > New Task.
- In the Create New Task pop-up box, type Explorer.exe and select OK.
The taskbar should now be displayed again. However, if right-clicking on a pinnned icon in the taskbar constantly makes the taskbar disappears, we need to reset the taskbar to it's original state, which will remove every pinned icon from the taskbar.
- Click here to download the Reset TaskBar BAT file.
- Run the Reset_Clear_Pinned_Taskbar_Items.bat file. This should remove every pinned icon from the taskbar.
This BAT file resets following files to their factory defaults:
- C:\Users\(user-name)\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\User Pinned\TaskBar