Message "Cannot display the folder. Microsoft Outlook cannot access the specified folder location. The operation failed. An object cannot be found." will be displayed when attempting to view a shared folder in Outlook.
For example, let's say John Doe wants to share his inbox with Jane Doe. John Doe must do the following:
- In Outlook, right-click on inbox and select Properties.
- In the Properties dialog box, select the Permissions tab.
- Select Add.
- Enter firstname.lastname@example.org, select Add, and select OK.
- Under Permission Level, select the desired permission level and select OK. Ensure that at least Full Details and Folder visible are selected.
Next, John Doe would need to add Jane Doe's inbox.
- In Outlook, select File > Account Settings.
- Select Change.
- Select More Settings.
- Select Add.
- Enter email@example.com and select OK.
- Select OK. Jane Doe's inbox should now appear in the left pane of Outlook
When selecting Jane Doe's inbox, if message "Cannot display the folder. Microsoft Outlook cannot access the specified folder location. The operation failed. An object cannot be found." appears, do the following:
- Close Outlook and Skype / Lync.
- Select the Windows Start icon, type %LOCALAPPDATA%\Microsoft\Outlook\ in search, and press enter.
- Delete firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Restart the PC.
Add a Comment
June 13th, 2018 by Bill B
June 13th, 2018 by Jeremy (moderator)