by Jeremy Canfield | Updated May 7th, 2018
- Download Eclipse IDE for Java EE Developers from https://www.eclipse.org/downloads/eclipse-packages.
- Navigate to your Downloads folder, and right-click on eclipse-jee-exygen-R-distro-arch.tar.gz and select Extract here.
- Enter the extracted eclipse-install directory, and run eclipse-inst. You may want to launch ./eclipse-inst from the Terminal as root or with sudo, to ensure you have permission to do the install.
- Select the product you want to install.
- Specify the directory where Eclipse will be installed to, and select Install.
- Enter the Eclipse folder, and double-click on eclipse to launch Eclipse.