This assumes you have created your first dynamic web project in Eclipse.
- In the left panel of Eclipse, expand the Java Resources folder, right click on the src folder, and select New > Package.
- Give the package a name, such as com.main.servlet and select Finish.
- Right click on the newly created package and select New > Servlet.
- Give the servlet a name, such as myServlet, and select Finish.
- In the doGet method section of the markup, add the following.
- In your index.html file, add the following to the body.
System.out.println("Go to <a href='http://localhost:8080/myApp'>Home page</a>");
- Add the following to your index.html page.
Go to <a href='http://localhost:8080/myApp/myServlet'>Home page</a>
Run the application in Eclipse, or export the WAR and run the application on an application server. Now, when navigating to index.html, there will be a link to the servlet.
Clicking the button will redirect to the servlet you created.