This assumes you have already setup and enabled dynamic caching in WebSphere and that you've also enabled limit dynamic cache size. If the dynamic cache size limit has been reached, disk offloading will store the oldest objects in the cache on the JVMs disk.
- In the left panel of the WebSphere web console, expand Servers > Server types.
- Select WebSphere application servers.
- Select an application server.
- Expand Container Settings and select Dynamic cache service.
- Select Enable disk offload.
- Configure a location on the disk where old dyanmic cache objects will be stored.
- Select OK.
- Select Save.