Follow these directions to download Visual Studio 2015.
- Start by going to www.visualstudio.com/vs-2015-product-editions.
- Click the button Download Visual Studio 2015.
- Select the version you wish to download.
Follow these directions to install Visual Studio.
- Go to your Downloads folder, and run the vs_version_ENU.exe file.
- When prompted Do you want to run this file, select Run.
- Click Install.
- When prompted to select the installation location and type, the default selections are OK. Select Install.
- Visual Studio will install. This will take some time. After installation has completed, select LAUNCH.
- When prompted to sign in, enter your Microsoft email address and password and select Sign In.
- Select a familiar environment and select Start Visual Studio.
Note: Visual Studio will take about 8 GB of space on your drive.
Visual Studio will install any programs (too many to list here). Following are the family of programs that will be installed by Visual Studio:
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Microsoft .NET Framework
- Microsoft Silverlight
- Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable
- Microsoft System CLR Types for SQL Server