Download and install Mozilla Thunderbird
- Download Mozilla Thunderbird from https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird
- Go to your Downloads folder and run Thunderbird Setup <version>
- Select all of the default options in the installer
Create your mail account
- Under Create a new account, select Email
- In the Welcome to Thunderbird popup box, select Skip this and use my existing email
- Enter the following information:
- Your name: First and Last Name
- Email: Your email address
- Password: Your password
- Select Continue
- Select Done.
Note: Instead of selecting Done, select Manual Config to verify or adjust the servers Thunderbird will be using.
There might be a warning that the domain does not use encryption. If you trust the incoming and outgoing servers, select I understand the risks and then select Done.
Selecting Get Messages at the upper left-hand corner of Mozilla Thunderbird should retrieve emails from the email server. Emails can be created by selecting Write.