To install a generic IP camcorder on Windows, you will need to have an wired or wireless router.
- Using a Web browser, sign into your router. Typically, entering 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1 will get you to the sign page for your router.
- Sign into your router. The default username and password is typically on the router.
- In your router should be a list of the IP addresses of the devices currently connected to the router. Every router is different. Locate the IP address for the IP camcorder.
- We need to ensure the IP address for the IP camcorder does not change. In the router, ensure the IP address for the IP camcorder is reserved (static, not dynamic).
- Enter the IP address for the IP camcorder into a Web browser. The Web browser should prompt for the username and password for the IP camcorder. The username and password for the IP camcorder should be included with the IP camcorder.
Note: If the Web browser rejects the username and password, the router is probalby not configured to port foward on port 80. In the router, allow the connection on port 80 to the IP camcorders IP address.
The Web browser should give a few options for viewing the camcorders stream. Typically, the Web browser interface is not very stable. VLC or iSpy are good applications which are stable.