Follow these directions to record or capture your computer screen using Monosnap.
- Download and install Monosnap from http://monosnap.com.
- The bottom right-hand corner of your desktop should now have the Monosnap icon. Click the Monosnap icon and select record desktop.
- Drag the capture area window to the area of your desktop you want to record. Press the Rec button.
- When completed, press the Rec button again. The Monosnap icon will show Processing recorded video.
- Once processing has completed, there should be a pop-up box to Save or Upload the video. Select Save to save the video to your computer.
One thing to be aware of is that Monosnap is a resource hog. If you don't have plenty of RAM and a fast CPU, Monosnap can bring your computer to a grinding halt. In this example, Monosnap is using just under 40% of the CPU.
In this example, the CPU is maxed out, and the RAM is nearly maxed out when running Monosnap.