Follow these steps to configure the ip address subnet mask and default gateway in Windows.
- Select the Windows Start Icon > Control Panel
- Set View by (at the upper right hand corner of the Control Panel) to Large Icons or Small Icons
- Select Network and Sharing Center
- Select Change adapter settings
- Right-click on the network interface and select Properties
- Highlight Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) and select Properites
- Bullet Use the following IP address, and enter the IP address, Subnet Mask and Default Gateway. Select OK.
- Select Close.
To verify that the computer has the correct IP address, Subnet Mask and Default Gateway, open a Command Line Prompt or PowerShell and enter the ipconfig command.