Follow these steps to add and format a new storage drive in Windows.
- Select the Windows Start Icon
- In search, type diskmgmt, and select Disk Management
- In this example, let's assume Disk 1 has 400 GB Unallocated. Right-click in the 400 GB Unallocated area, and select New Simple Volume
- In the New Simple Volume Wizards, select Next
- Use the entire volume size and select Next
- Select a volume letter and select Next
- Keep the default format options and select Next
- Select Finish
The new storage drive will format. Once formatting has completed, the new storage drive will be available in Windows Explorer.