For the purpose of this tutorial, let's say you have created an ASP.Net website in Visual Studio on computer "a", and you need to transfer the website to computer "b."
- On computer "a", in Windows Explorer, go to the directory where the project files are stored (example: C:\Users\username\Documents\Visual Studio 2015\Projects\example)
- Right-click on the folder and select Send To > Compressed (zipped) folder
- Move the compressed folder to computer "b."
Note: The compressed folder can be moved to computer "b" by sharing a folder on computer b.
- On computer "b", move the folder to where you want the files to be stored. The location does not need to be C:\Users\username\Documents\Visual Studio 2015\Projects\example
- On computer "b", launch Visual Studio
- Select Open Project
- Navigate to the directory where the project is stored, and select the project