The Action Center Reliability Monitor may have events that provide details regarding the cause of a problem with an application:
- Select the Windows Start icon > Control Panel
- Ensure View by (located near the upper right-hand corner of the Control Panel) is set to Large Icons or Small Icons
- Select Action Center
- Under Maintenance to display more options
- Select View reliability history
- Look for events to try to identify the cause of the problem
In this example, the splwow64.exe application is not responding. splwow64.exe is the print spooler service.