The Microsoft Management Console (MMC) is a great tool for organizing frequently used tools (snap-ins) into a single interface. In this example, we will create an MMC console with a few common snaps-ins.
- Open MMC:
- If using Windows 10, type mmc in search and select Microsoft Management Console (MMC)
- If using Windows 8 or below, select the Windows Start icon, type mmc in search, and select Microsoft Management Console (MMC)
- Press Ctrl M (or select File > Add/Remove Snap In)
- In Available snap-ins, let's select a few popular snap-ins (such as Device Manager, Disk Management, Performance Monitor) and select Add
- In the pop-up box that appears, leave Local computer selected and select Finish
- Select OK to close the Add or Remove Snap-ins dialog box
- Select File > Save as, give the MMC console a name, and select Save
We can now use the tools in our custom MMC console.