In this example, message "Display driver stopped responding and has recovered" is appearing. Notice the version in the error message is 358.91.
We want to first determine if there is a new version of the driver. Let's assume there is a new driver.
- Download the latest driver from www.nvidia.com
- Go to your Downloads folder and extract the driver package.
- By default, when the extraction is completed, the installer should appear. If the installer does not appear, go to the directory where the driver package was extracted to and run the setup file
- In the Installer dialog box, select Agree and Continue to agree to the License Agreement
- At Installation Options, select Express (Recommended). The driver will install.
If the error no longer appears, the problem is resolved.