by Jeremy Canfield | Updated January 1st, 2017
Let's say you have a user account named "Jim" and you want to add Jim to the group named "Sales."
- In Server Manager, select Tools > Active Directory Users and Groups
- Right-click on the Jim user account and select Properties
- In the Properties dialog box, select the Member Of tab
- Select Add
- Type Sales (the name of the group), select Check Names to ensure the group exists, and select OK
- When selecting Check Names, if the group name is underlined, the group exists
- Select OK to close the Properites dialog box. Jim is now added to the Sales group.
To be certain that Jim was added to the Sales group, right-click on the Sales group, select Properites, and select the Members tab.