by Jeremy Canfield | Updated January 1st, 2017
To create a Citrix Delivery Agent Server (XenApp):
- Create a new Virtual Machine.
- Run AutoSelect.exe.
- Next to XenApp, select Start.
- Select Delivery Controller.
- At Licensing Agreement, select I have ready, understand, and accept the terms of the license agreement and select Next.
- At Core Components, tick Delivery Controller, Studio, and Directory, and select Next.
- At Features, tick Install Microsoft SQL Server 2012 SP2 and Install Windows Remote Assistance and select Next.
- At Firewall, select Automatically and select Next.
- Select Install.
- Ensure Launch Studio is ticked, and select Finish.
- At Welcome to Citrix Studio, select Delivery applications and desktops to your users.
- At Introduction, tick A fully configured, production-ready Site, give your site a name and select Next. For this tutorial, let's say the site name is MyExampleSite.
- At Databases, tick Create and set up databases from Studio, leave all of the default textboxes, and select Next.
- At Licensing, enter the hostname of your License Server followed by :27000 (example - XenDC:27000), select Connect, and confirm that Connected to trusted server is displayed. Select Next.
Note: Ensure port 27000 is open in your firewalls.
- At Connection, select No machine management and select Next.
- At App-V Publishing, select No and select Next.
- At Summary, tick No You can join later and select Finish.
- Select Test site configuration. If every test is successful, select Close.