In no way do I endorse hacking, cracking, or the use of computers or programs for nefarious purposes. The content as this page is meant to be educational, so you know how to protect your computer, network, data and identity from the bad guys.
How to steal password. In this scenario, the client at 192.168.0.101 will connect to 192.168.0.1 and enter the username and password to sign into the router. We will put 192.168.0.10 as the man in the middle to capture the username and password.
1. If the IP for the machine that you want to sniff is not listed, on 192.168.0.10, launch cain and able > sniffer tab > start sniffer > plus icon > all hosts > ok
2. APR tab > click anywhere in table > plus icon > on the left, select client 192.168.0.101 (laptop) / on the right, select 192.168.0.1 (router) > ok
3. click on the nucular icon to execute the poison
4. on laptop, using a web browser, go to 192.168.0.1 (router) and sign in
5. cain and able > passwords tab, and get username and password
6. click on the nucular icon to stop the poison
How to Dictionary Attack in LAN
1. Cracker tab > right click on an account, such as “desktop” > dictionary > NTLM hashes
2. Right click in table > add to list > select this file: E:\\Documents\\Cain and Abel\\password_list_1 > Start
In this example, we will make VOIP activity on 192.168.0.10. We will run cain and able on 192.168.0.101, to capture this activity.
1. If the IP for the machine that you want to sniff is not listed > sniffer tab > start sniffer > plus icon > all hosts > ok
2. Right click on 192.168.0.10 > resolve host name. Now “desktop” should show in host name.
3. APR tab > click anywhere in table > plus icon > on the left, select 192.168.0.1 (router) / on the right, select 192.168.0.10 (desktop) > ok
4. click on the nucular icon to execute the poison
5. go to the voip tab. On 192.168.0.10 (desktop), make a voip call.
Cain and Able will be a little “Behind” or “slow” with the capture. Cain should show recording, and then when the call is done, recording will no longer be listed.
6. Right click on the captured file, and select play.