by Jeremy Canfield | Updated January 8th, 2009
- At the top of Wireshark, in filter, type frame contains "www.", and click Save. The Save Filter popup box appears.
- Give the filter an appropriate name, such as Monitor Web Traffic, and click OK. The button will now appear to the right of the Filter.
- If we want or need to remove the button, so we can save a new button, at the top, click Edit and select Preferences, or just Ctrl + Shift + P. The preferences popup box will appear.
- In the preferences popup box, on the left, select Filter Expressions
- Here, we can Remove filters (buttons) we no longer need
To confirm this works, with wireshark capturing, and this filter in use, go to any website, and rows should appear in Wireshark.