Turn logging up or down
- Sign into the WebSphere web console.
- In the left panel, expand Troubleshooting and select Logs and Trace.
- Select the component that you want to adjust logging on, such as an application server, node, or deployment manager.
- Select the application server that you want to turn logging up or down on.
- Select Change log detail levels.
- In the Change log detail levels box, enter a new log level.
Typically, the log level is *=info.
*=finest can be used to create the trace.log files. The trace logs may be large. Logging should only be turned up when needed, and should be turned down when no longer needed.
- Select Save.
- Synchronize the node agent.