by Jeremy Canfield | Updated January 13th, 2018
To change the heap size.
- Sign into the WebSphere web console.
- In the left panel, expand Servers > Server Types, and select WebSphere application servers.
- Select the application server.
- Expand Java and Process Management and select Process definition.
- Select Java Virtual Machine.
- Update the Initial heap size and/or Maximum heap size.
- Select Apply.
- Select Save.
- Restart the JVM for the change to take effect.
In this example, the initial heap size is 64 MB and the maximum heap size is 256 MB.