Health Policy is a feature of WebSphere that let's you configure an action that can be triggered on targets when a condition is met.
As an example, a health policy can be created to restart (action) a cluster (target) that has not been restarted for 7 days (condition).
In the left panel of the WebSphere admin console, select Operational policies > Health policy. Select New. Give your Health Policy a name, select one of the following conditions, and select Next. Based on the condition you selected, follow the prompts to create the action.
- Age-based condition (do something once every x seconds, minutes, days, weeks, month, years)
- Excessive request timeout condition
- Excessive response time condition
- Memory condition: excessive memory usage
- Memory condition: memory leak
- Storm drain condition (do something when an application has a significantly decreased response time)
- Workload condition (do somthing when workload is high)
- Garbage collection percentage condition
In this example, a policy was created to restart a cluster once every 7 days.