Health Policy is a feature of WebSphere that let's you configure certain actions that can be triggered when a certain condition is met. As an example, a health policy can be created to restart a cluster that has not been restarted for 7 days. Or, a heap dump can be created when a memory leak has been detected.
- In the left panel of the WebSphere admin console, select Operational policies > Health policy.
- Select New.
- Give your Health Policy a name, select one of the following conditions, and select Next.
- Age-based condition (do something once every x seconds, minutes, days, weeks, month, years)
- Excessive request timeout condition
- Excessive response time condition
- Memory condition: excessive memory usage
- Memory condition: memory leak
- Storm drain condition (do something when an application has a significantly decreased response time)
- Workload condition (clean up memory and cache when workload is high)
- Garbage collection percentage condition
- Based on the condition you selected, follow the prompts to create the action.
In this example, the Age-based condition health policy in Supervised mode is created.