by Jeremy Canfield | Updated January 25th, 2016
- Insert a Micro SD card into the Raspberry Pi.
- Connect a USB keyboard and USB mouse to Raspberry Pi.
- Connect the Raspberry Pi to a computer monitor or TV using an HDMI cable.
- If Internet access is required, connect the Raspberry Pi to a switch using an Ethernet cable.
- Connect a micro USB cable to the Raspberry Pi to power up the Rasberry Pi.
The Raspberry Pi will boot, and display a Terminal prompt rasberrypi login with a flashing cursor.
- The default username is pi.
- The default password is raspberry.
To switch from the Terminal to the Pi Desktop, type startx and press enter.