by Jeremy Canfield | Updated January 8th, 2017
Create your hostname:
- Sign into www.dlinkddns.com
- Select Add host.
- Create a hostname, enter your public IP address, and select Save.
Configure your router:
- Sign into your D-Link dir-615 router.
- Select Tools.
- Select Dynamic DNS.
- At Server Address, select dlinkddns.com(Free).
- At Host Name, enter the hostname you created at www.dlinkddns.com.
- At Username or Key, enter the username you created at www.dlinkddns.com.
- At Password or Key, enter the password you created at www.dlinkddns.com.
To verify that DDNS is working, you can ping the hostname (freekb.dlinkddns.com in this example). Pinging the hostname should return the current public IP address.