- In the left panel of WebSphere, expand Applications and select New Application.
- Select New Enterprise Application.
- Click Browse, select your .war (web archive) file, and select Next.
- You can select Fast Path for your first application. Select Next.
- At Step 1, keep all of the default options, and select Next.
- At Step 2, select one or more application servers that will produce your application, and select Next.
- At Step 3, select the virtual hosts you want to use and select Next.
- At Step 4, enter a context root not currently in use, and select Next.
- At Step 5, select Finish.
- Ensure Application sample_war installed successfully is displayed, and then select Save.
- Your newly created application should now be listed, and you can Start your application. After selecting start, a message should appear stating the application was started successfully.
You should now be able to get to your new application. In this example, the application is running on a server named was1.software.eng.us, on port 9080. The context root was set to /sample, and the .war application contains an index.html file. Putting this together, http://was1.software.eng.us/sample/index.html will produce the war application.