by Jeremy Canfield | Updated June 27th, 2017
To enable "Show window contents while dragging":
- Select the Windows Start icon, type regedit in search, and select regedit.
- Select File > Export, and save a copy of the current registry state.
- Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop.
- Double-click the DragFullWindows object.
- Set value data to 1.
- A value data setting of 0 configures "show window contents while dragging" to not be checked
- A value data setting of 1 configures "show window contents while dragging" to be checked
- Restart the PC.