by Jeremy Canfield | Updated November 26th, 2017
- Download WebSphere MQ server from https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/downloads/ws/wmq/index.html. This will download a file such as MQ_V9.0.4_CDR_TRIAL_LIN_X86_64-BI.tar.gz.
- Extract the gzip compressed tar archive. This will create a new folder named MQServer in the /opt directory.
~]# tar -zxvf MQ_V9.0.4_CDR_TRIAL_LIN_X86_64-BI.tar.gz -C /opt
- Accept the license agreement.
~]# cd /opt/MQServer ~]# ./mqlicense.sh -text_only
- Install the MQ Runtime, Server, and samples. All componments will be installed at /opt/mqm. It is not necessary to install samples. Samples are just installed to demonstrate MQ usage.
~]# rpm -ivh MQSeriesRuntime-*.rpm ~]# rpm -ivh MQSeriesServer-*.rpm ~]# rpm -ivh MQSeriesSamples-*.rpm
- Configre this to be the primary MQ installation.
~]# /opt/mqm/bin/setmqinst -i -p /opt/mqm
You will next want to create the queue manager and a local queue.