by Jeremy Canfield | Updated January 5th, 2018
- In the left panel of the WebSphere web console, expand Servers > Server Types.
- Select New server.
- At Step 1, select the node that the JVM will be in, give the JVM a name, and select Next.
- At Step 2, select a template and select Next.
- At Step 3, check Generate Unique Ports and select Next.
- At Step 4, select Finish.
- Select Save.
In this example, a JVM named server02 was created. By default, the new JVM will be stopped. If using a network deployment manager (dmgr), you will need to synchronize the node, and then you can start the JVM.